Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009...Happy New Year!

2008...what a year! 2008 was full of many good things, as well as many bad things. It was our first full year as parents to the most wonderful child in the world, but it was also the year that we lost some very special people. My grandma passed away earlier in 2008, my sister-in-law passed away a few months ago, my mom had some serious heart issues and had angioplasty and my 19 year old cat had to be euthanized. Again, what a year! As thankful as I am to have a wonderful, loving family, a good job and a nice house, I'm ready to put the bad things behind us and am hopeful that 2009 will be the year to look forward to. I'm ready to look forward to HOPE for all of us. 2008 was a tough year for many people...due to the economy, many company lay offs and financial stress that a lot of us have had to endure. So to everyone, Happy New Year! I hope it's a good one!

2 comments:

CindyCinlou said...

Here is to a great 2009! Happy New Year! I am so happy that the three of you were here to celebrate with us! :)

Tracy said...

2008 does sound like a bittersweet year for you - good and bad, and I am very sorry for your losses. Here's to a better 2009!!