Sunday, August 12, 2007

Care package

Today we finished getting our care package together. It will be sent tomorrow to the SWI (orphanage) for Shayla and her foster mother. We included 2 small, pretty little thermal blankets, one red toy that happens to be a cute little puppy dog, a disposable camera, a baby/toy photo album (we put Chinese writing on labels and attached them to each picture) and Jelly Beans for the foster mother/orphanage staff. I keep reading where people say those travel well. My intention was to make another photo album for the foster mother (not even sure that she would get it from the orphanage), but I didn't originally have enough pictures printed. I'm gonna get one more updated baby room photos and put one together for the orphanage director or foster mother (if it's given to her) when we travel. Hopefully it won't be a wasted effort. Let me just say, I'm married to a perfectionist when it comes to doing certain things. Mark wrapped that box and taped it so carefully...almost like it was crystal! He took the utmost care in wrapping and labeling it...it made me so proud. I know that may sound silly, but those items were just as important to him as they were to me. What a great dad he'll be!

2 comments:

CindyCinlou said...

Wow that is so cool. Werid enough that is actually a Reynolds trait.

Greg and Julie said...

Hey Lisa! This is Julie from travel group 1236 also. We got our care package in the mail today too! I wish I had thought of sending Jelly Beans. My first thought was to send chocolate from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory since that would be a fun regional thing but I knew it would melt on the way. Maybe we'll send another care package in a week. We sent a photo album with her picture, pictures of us (all labeled with Chinese characters), a blanket, a disposable camera with her name on it, and a small soft doll. I wish there were some way to know if our packages get there! I guess we'll find out when we get there. It sounds like you guys are getting a lot done. We're working on it too. I hope you have a great week and we'll probably talk to you on the travel call on Thurs!