Sunday, March 03, 2013

2013

Although it's been awhile since my last post, we're all doing fine here. 

Shay is in kindergarten and is so smart!  She can add and subtract like nobody's business!  We're so proud.  She says some things that sound so grown-up that it's hard to believe she's only 6.  She just lost one of her front, top teeth and looks so cute!

After 16 years at his job, Mark's company closed and he's been looking for another since August.

As for me, well I'm still the best mom ever!  Hmm, pretty damn good in my own mind, that is!  Shayla might actually agree...at least she tells me that sometimes.  I'm still dealing with my mom's passing.  It's been a year, but it's still so hard.  I never thought that after a whole year, I would still "forget" sometimes that she's gone and want to call her or drive by her house.  It still feels unreal.

In this last year, we sold our house with the intent to buy my childhood home, but that fell through due to some family issues AFTER we had already sold our house, so after 10 years at the old place, we were forced to find another home quickly so we wouldn't have to stay in hotel or on someone's couch.  Luckily we had the absolute best realtor and she knew some people who were about to list their home, so we lucked out with a wonderful new home in my childhood neighborhood.  It's not quite as big as our last home of 10 years, but it's laid out better and has a finished basement and 2 car detached garage.  Our last house was 2 stories and had a 1 car attached garage.  I often try to picture my mom here, sitting in a lawn chair and imagine good times with her.  Even though we moved after she passed away, I think she would like it here.  We do.

This was a really good therapy session for me.  I forgot how nice it is to just write.  I'll be back soon!

No comments: