Saturday, October 18, 2008

I can't believe I'm writing this...

Mark's sister, Kathy, passed away this morning. A few days ago, she developed pneumonia and the infection that kept her in the hospital earlier this year, for 4 months, returned. I saw her a week ago and thought she was doing so much better and commented about just how good she looked. She seemed to be doing really well and I never saw this coming. Mark visited her yesterday and said she didn't look very well, but this came as a great shock to us all. She had made it through many surgeries recently and just as we all thought she would recover, this has left us broken hearted. Her husband was at her bedside as she passed...she wasn't alone and wasn't in pain. She spoke a few unknown words and simply left this world. She will be so missed. We're still hoping this is a dream...that we'll all wake up, but I'm afraid it's all too real...

Please keep her family, her husband and daughter in your prayers. Thank you.

4 comments:

CindyCinlou said...

It was so great to have you and Shayla there with us today I felt like Kathy would have been glad we got to see eachother tell stories and share in the love that our family has. She loved her fmaily so much and was so happy when Mark found you and when Shayla was brought into our lives as well. I love you guys so much! See you soon I'm sure.

Amanda said...

I am so sorry for your loss, please know that you all will be in our prayers

Anonymous said...

Our family will not be the same without Kathy, she will be missed by everyone. We love you guys.

Kristie, Scott, Adam, Alex and Jenna

Carolin said...

Our condolences on your loss.