Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Love Affair

Our oldest cat is Max...he'll be 19 in November. I remember when I got him, he was the meanest little kitten out of the litter. My sister and nephew were with me and my sister thought I should get the little mean one...he was biting on and jumping on all the other kitties. I knew the little sh*t had to be mine. He has been a real firecracker all his years. He would hide behind furniture and jump out to bite your feet. I should mention that he NEVER shuts up. He meows all day and I think it's mainly because I would always talk to him and encourage his meows...now we all pay the price. Anyway, he's mellowed a bit in his old age and adores Shayla. I don't know if you can tell by these, but she adores him as well. Anywhere Max is, Shayla is right there loving on him. She's gentle with him and he wouldn't hurt her for the world. It's an obvious love affair. I had it with him once and now she does. It makes my heart melt.







1 comment:

tonyap said...

These are the sweetest pictures. I love the one of her in her dora pjs laying beside max. It looks like they are sleeping with her hand on his back. These are priceless.