Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Exporing Guangzhou

One day we decided to go exporing off of Shamain Island in Guangzhou. We went walking around with 2 couples from our group (Julie and Greg are below with their daughter Lila)...then we ventured off on our own. Many people stared at us...I guess because we were not on Shamain Island. I even got patted...one girl patted my shoulder as I walked past. We saw one lady holding her son (with split pants) over a grate in the ground so he could go to the bathroom. Many people practiced their English and said "Hi" and "Hello". We had to take a cab back to the hotel. It was a nightmare trying to fight for a cab, but finally I won (after about 25 minutes) and got us one back to the White Swan.








1 comment:

CindyCinlou said...

Looks like a beautiful place.