Monday, October 12, 2009

October 13, 2001

I married my best friend 8 years ago. It's crazy to think that I've known him now for just over 20 years. Twenty years ago (man that feels weird to even type), when I put an application in at a bookstore in a local mall, I thought he was so cute. He was leaning against the counter, talking with another employee when I came in. My mom and sister were right outside the store and I remember telling my sister, that the "tall guy was really cute". She peeked in and agreed. I was really nervous when he finally interviewed me and thought he was a jerk soon after he hired me (I was too nervous to count the drawer right at the end of the night and the first day was scared to answer the phone)! Geez, gimme a break, I had just graduated from high school and was still new to the work world. Anyway, I remember after a couple of weeks, there was a girl who came in and talked to him...I really wanted to trip her...after she left, I asked him if she was his girlfriend...luckily "um, no" was the answer. I liked him, I was smitten...I really had a serious crush. To him, I was just a goofy girl who liked to hang out with him and his friends. Years later, when we no longer worked together, we still talked, ran into each other, went to the movies and, without me having to beat him senseless, he finally fell in love with me too. Whew! What a hell of a wait I had. It. Was. Worth. It. All worth it. Now I have the family I dreamt of and a wonderful husband. I couldn't be happier...and my life couldn't be better. Mark, if you read this, know that I love you even more today...how can that be possible? I don't know either, but it is.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, who is that guy with all the hair. Oh, wait a sec, never mind that is just my son Mark. Your wedding pictures are just beautiful. Seems like it was just yesterday, then add our wonderful Shayla, Who could ever ask for more? Love you guys. Lisa's Mom and Shayla's Granny

Anonymous said...

Lisa, The story almost made me cry. I guess I just forgot how it all came together for a minute. What a beatiful family, of course. Connie

CindyCinlou said...

Wow eight years that doesn't seem possible. I am so glad Mark married you and made you part of our family. :)