Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holy moly!

She can count!!! Shayla sat on my lap tonight and held up her fingers (not always the right ones), but she counted from 1 to 10 ALL ON HER OWN!!!! I didn't know she could. I knew she had gone to 4 before, but never all the way to 10! I'm so proud of her that I screamed with excitement, hugged her and then I started crying! Mark heard it all too! Both of her grandmas were called and told the good news...yes, we're geeks and have to share! It may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I'm thrilled and her daddy is thrilled! She knows her colors, can count to 10 and she knows some shapes...she JUST turned 2, so that really surprises me. She amazes me everyday with something new.

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Awww how cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, my grandbaby is one smart little girl. I see the different things she has picked up each and every time I see her. She is absolute perfection in every way. She just makes my heart swell with pride.

kitchu said...

that is so awesome!!

CindyCinlou said...

She is so smart! You can just tell the way she picks up on things she is going to be a very good student in school when she get's older.