Saturday, July 14, 2007

Daydreaming

I stepped into her room today
Knowing she's not there
This waiting for referral
Is more than one can bear

But taking in the moment
I sit down on the floor
And dream of her here with me
When waiting is no more.

A little giggle fills the air
As I rub her feet
I place my hand upon her heart
To feel its every beat.

A song is sung so very soft
Her eyes begin to close
She's meeting me in dream land
A place where love still grows.

My vision now is very blurred
The tears stream down my cheeks
I've dreamed of her quite often
Throughout these past few weeks.

Suddenly a sound is heard
The phone rings in the hall
Waking up I quickly pray
Please let it be "The Call".


Tom Fisher

4 comments:

kitchu said...

Great words!

CindyCinlou said...

Wow I like that!!! :)

Nancye said...

What a beautiful poem!! I totally remember feeling that way when we were waiting for our referral. My dh used to think I was nuts and ask what I was doing sitting in her room looking at all of her clothes imagining her wearing them. What she would look like. What it would finally be like to have her home. The time surely flies. Our Gotcha Day was July 15, 2004. Seems like it was yesterday. When your time comes, your baby will be hand picked especially for you. When you finally have her in your arms, the wait really will melt away. Good luck in your waiting. Can't wait to see your precious baby.

Nancye said...

Ooops!! Our Gotcha Day was July 25, 2004.