Saturday, February 24, 2007

We have our renewed I-171H!

Since the wait has taken so long, some of our paperwork is starting to expire. On January 17th, I mailed off our new I-600A application to the USCIS (immigration). It's basically asking for permission from the US to adopt and bring a foreign child into the US. Our homestudy had to be sent in with it as well, so that the USCIS could do their own background checks on us & to see if we could afford to raise a child in the US. If they allow you to, they send you a I-171H. Well, if you don't have a valid I-171H when you leave the country, then you can't get back in. So, that should give you some idea of how important that form is. Our first I-171H was set to expire on March 17, obviously since we don't even have a referral yet, we won't be back from China by then. Yesterday we finally received the new, updated one! This time it only took 37 days...the first time it took 72 days. Yay! One less thing to worry about!

No comments: